DLC Media, Inc.

Go Back   Daviess County Online > The Chat House > General

Old 04-13-2011, 07:44 AM   #1
Morgan
This user has no status.

----

Morgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant future
Default Our local puppy mills....

I was reading about the puppy mill operated by John Graber here in Daviess County and wondered if it was actually shut down. I know that the individuals who secretly video taped Graber's operation in 2003 filed a formal complaint. It took 11 days before a deputy and vet were allowed to inspect some of the operation and it was given a clean bill of health. It is a interesting story that can be found here. But I should warn you, there are links to some disturbing pictures there. Now the site states that both john Graber and auctioneer Mark Graber were suspended for 10 years by the AKC and fined $2000 but I think most of the readers here are not so naive that they think this stopped the problem. We, or most of us, know it is just like cell phones with the Amish, they simply use other folks' names to circumvent problems like this.

If you want to see the covert video of Graber's operation, go here and click on the "playlist" in the lower RH corner of the video window, then click on "Indiana Amish Puppy Mill". The video is very disturbing so be warned.

I once was told that the Amish look at animals as they were put here by God to serve man and that what the average person would consider inhumane treatment is commonplace with them. I saw these pictures, dogs in cages so small they can't stand up or turn around, from one of the Indiana's puppy mills and it makes me literally sick.

The best way to stop this puppy mill business is to rescue a pet from the shelters instead of buying one at a pet store. Yes, many of these animals have been subjected to abuse and it will take a little time for them to realize you are going to treat them like they deserve to be treated. But after that you will have a loyal friend.

One of the most interesting dogs in history was a Skye Terrier named Bobby who, until he died in 1872, stood guard over his owner's grave for 14 long years. Now that's loyalty!

I have a dog that is half Bulldog and half Shih Tzu, I named him Bull Sh*t.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
edvis
This user has no status.

----

edvis is a jewel in the roughedvis is a jewel in the roughedvis is a jewel in the roughedvis is a jewel in the rough

I always wondered how course of a stone they use a puppy mills.
edvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
thatdude
This user has no status.

----

thatdude is just really nicethatdude is just really nicethatdude is just really nicethatdude is just really nice

its not only the amish doing the puppy mills.
thatdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
bbwlady
This user has no status.

I am: Tired

bbwlady is a jewel in the roughbbwlady is a jewel in the roughbbwlady is a jewel in the roughbbwlady is a jewel in the rough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
its not only the amish doing the puppy mills.
really?
bbwlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
thatdude
This user has no status.

----

thatdude is just really nicethatdude is just really nicethatdude is just really nicethatdude is just really nice

yes, there are mills all around. you just need to look. some are hard to spot.
thatdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
Morgan
This user has no status.

----

Morgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant futureMorgan has a brilliant future

Old 04-14-2011, 09:06 AM   #7
bbwlady
This user has no status.

I am: Tired

bbwlady is a jewel in the roughbbwlady is a jewel in the roughbbwlady is a jewel in the roughbbwlady is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
yes, there are mills all around. you just need to look. some are hard to spot.
i was actually being sarcastic with my really
bbwlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #8
sirknight
This user has no status.

----

sirknight is a name known to allsirknight is a name known to allsirknight is a name known to allsirknight is a name known to allsirknight is a name known to allsirknight is a name known to all

Then God said: "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. Let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, and the cattle, and over all the wild animals and all the creatures that crawl on the ground."
sirknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #9
Morgan
This user has no status.

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirknight View Post
Then God said: "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. Let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, and the cattle, and over all the wild animals and all the creatures that crawl on the ground."

"A good man takes care of his animals, but wicked men are cruel to theirs." Proverbs 12:10
Old 04-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #10
Santiago
This user has no status.

----

Thanked 1,743 Times in 830 Posts
Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeSantiago has a reputation beyond reputeSantiago has a reputation beyond reputeSantiago has a reputation beyond reputeSantiago has a reputation beyond reputeSantiago has a reputation beyond reputeSantiago has a reputation beyond reputeSantiago has a reputation beyond reputeSantiago has a reputation beyond reputeSantiago has a reputation beyond reputeSantiago has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
"A good man takes care of his animals, but wicked men are cruel to theirs." Proverbs 12:10
or to paraphrase as does Perterson, in "The Message" version:
"Good people are good to their animals; the 'good-hearted' bad people kick and abuse them."
Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote